Frequently Asked Questions About SWD

Question: May Scouts with disabilities or special needs receive changes to the standard Boy Scout requirements?

Answer: Yes, accommodations for Scouts with disabilities or special needs may be permitted with Council approval. Accommodations are based on the type and severity of the Scout’s disability or special needs.

Contact your Scoutmaster AND the Council Advisory Committee for Scouts with Disabilities and Special Needs BEFORE changes are made to any standard Boy Scout requirements. The Advisory Committee chair, Armineh (Abbey) Hacobian may be contacted at or call her at 818 563-4122.